I OBLIGATIONS OF THE AGENT
1.Condition of the car.
The agent shall supply a vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition with all the accessories required by the Bulgarian Traffic Law.
All OK Tours vehicles are insured with the following:
a) Third party liability Insurance – you will be insured against liability for the financial cost of any of the following consequences that may arise as a result of an incident that you cause when you are using the vehicle.
- bodily injury or death suffered by Third Parties; and
- property damage sustained by Third Parties and losses and costs arising as a consequence of the damage
Please note! Third Party Liability insurance does not cover:
- bodily injury or death that you (the driver at the time of the collision) may suffer; or
- any damage to or loss of your personal property or possessions; or
- any damage caused to the vehicle
b) Full Casco Insurance (Collision Damage Waiver) – it covers the following damages:
- fire and natural disasters
- road traffic accident
- malicious acts by third parties
- theft of the vehicle by breaking into it
- theft of the whole vehicle
Our CDW Insurance limits your financial exposure for damage caused to the vehicle whilst it is in your care. If you comply with the applicable laws and the Local Rental terms and conditions then we will pay for the cost of damage to the vehicle that exceeds the Security Deposit (Excess amount).
Full Casco Insurance (CDW) does not cover damages on the windscreen, windows, tires, interior damage or vehicle’s lost or stolen documents/keys.
A police report of an incident is required!
c) Theft Protection Insurance – limits your financial exposure for loss of the vehicle if it is stolen or if it is damaged because it is subject to an attempted theft or the vehicle is subject to an act of vandalism whilst the vehicle is left parked unattended during your rental. If you have purchased this product then, provided you have complied with the Local Rental terms and conditions, we will pay for the costs arising from the theft, attempted theft, or act of vandalism that are greater than the Security Deposit (Excess amount).
Additional Insurance Package – purchased separately
The Additional Insurance Package gives the client the following advantages:
1/ Guaranteed refund of the security deposit. Police Report is needed in case of car accident! Not valid for driving under influence!
2/ Guaranteed replacement vehicle from OK Tours office
3/ Includes free roadside assistance on the territory of Bulgaria
4/ Relieves the client from the penalty administrative fee (100 to 300 EUR depending on the rented vehicle type) in case of participation in car accident.
If a necessary periodic inspection and maintenance is required during the client’s rental period, the agent conducts necessary inspection and maintenance after the client has been notified.
Should servicing of the car be required during lease time, the client should contact the Agent immediately for instructions.
II OBLIGATIONS OF THE CLIENT
Client should hold a full driving license, taken at least 2 years before the date of rental. The client should hold a regular passport with permanent address registration.
Client must be minimum 21 years of age to rent a vehicle at OK Tours Car Rental.
The minimum rental period is 24 hours. The rental charges have been fixed according to the rental agreement or the stated charges in this agreement. The charges include Third Party Liability insurance and unlimited mileage, unless otherwise stated in the rental agreement.
Fuel is not included in the rental charges and is paid for by the client. The cars of OK Tours are provided with full tank. In case the car is delivered by the client without a full tank, the client is obliged to pay a charge of 1.5 EUR for each missing litre of fuel.
The hirer shall pay the owner for the hire of the vehicle the sum or sums specified in the Rental Document; and authorizes the owner to charge all amounts payable to the hirer’s account. The hirer’s account means a nominated debit card, credit card, or pre-arranged charge account.
The client pays in full the agreed rental charges in advance or upon car collection. Payment can be made in cash or with credit card (additional bank charges may apply for credit card payments).
Security deposit (amount may vary according to the rented car type) will be requested on the date of car pick up. The security deposit may be paid in cash or blocked on the driver’s credit card.
The security deposit limits client’s liability in case of damages inflicted on vehicle during the period of rent. In case of failure to present Police Report, FullCasco Insurance (CDW) is not valid and the client is liable for the total cost of the repairs.
The vehicle may be driven during the term of hire only by the persons named on the Rental Document. A second driver can only be appointed at the time of rental and he is equally responsible for the observation of all clauses of this agreement. A second driver pays an additional charge of 1.00 EUR/day, maximum 20.00 EUR for the whole rental period.
The hirer shall ensure that:
- all reasonable care is taken when driving and parking the vehicle;
- the water in the vehicle’s radiator and battery is maintained at the proper level;
- the oil in the vehicle is maintained at the proper level;
- only the fuel type specified for the vehicle will be used;
- the tyres are maintained at their proper pressure;
- the vehicle is locked and secure at all times when it is not in use and the keys kept under the hirer’s personal control at all times;
- the hirer should not leave vehicle’s documents in the car;
- should a warning light be illuminated or the hirer believes the vehicle requires mechanical attention, the hirer will stop driving and advise the owner immediately;
- all drivers authorised to use this vehicle during the term of hire are aware of and comply with the terms outlined in the Rental Agreement; and
- any authorised driver carries their driver’s licence with them in the vehicle at all times and will produce it on demand to any enforcement officer.
6.Obligations in case of accident
If the vehicle is involved in an accident; is damaged; breaks down or requires repair or salvage, regardless of cause, the hirer shall notify the owner of the full circumstances by telephone immediately.
The hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without the owner’s authority except to the extent that repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or to other property.
In case of a car accident the client is obliged to inform the Traffic Police immediately, to demand a Police report for the agent about the cause of the accident and the inflicted damages. The client should inform the agent immediately and wait for his instructions.
7.Car Use Restrictions
The client is not allowed to use the vehicle for races, test-driving, show performances, on unpaved surfaces etc. The client is only allowed to use the car according to its functions as defined by the Road Traffic Law. The transportation of nuclear products and explosives is also forbidden.
OK Tours vehicles cannot be driven outside Bulgaria without prior approval. For cross border travels additional charges apply.
The client shall, at or before the expiry of the term of hire, deliver the vehicle to the agreed rental location described in the Rental Document. Allowance will be made only in case of delay no longer than 59 minutes. In case of a 60 min. or longer delay, OK Tours has the right to charge the client for a full rental day.
III LIABILITY OF THE AGENT
Apart from breach of the main agreement obligations, the agent or his employees are liable only for damage to the car caused by them deliberately or by negligence. Apart from these, the agent is liable for damages only as far as they are covered by the Full Casco Insurance.
IV LIABILITY OF THE CLIENT
The client should deliver the vehicle in the condition he has collected it. The client pays for all damages, which are not listed in the general clauses of the Full Casco Insurance. These are damages caused by:
1) a driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
2) military action or drills, civil disturbance, strikes or riots
3) nuclear products and explosives and the resulting consequences
4) earthquakes and/or the resulting consequences
5) races, test-driving, etc
6) misuse of the car
7) driving the vehicle on unpaved surfaces, across rivers, dams, seas
8) landslide caused by excavations, digging, underground galleries, mines, i.e. human activities
9) an insurance frame up of the insured vehicle
10) negligence or malicious behaviour on the part of the client or members of the family, their employees or people transported in the car
11) Leaving the car unlocked, open, or leaving the key in the ignition, failure to switch on the alarm or use the lock system.
The agent does not refund the following damages, which are paid for by the client:
12) theft of documents of the car, keys, alarm, parts, accessories, instruments and other details
13) tyre damages, which are not caused by a car accident
14) damages to the underside of the car, which are not caused by a car accident
If the client has participated in a car accident, he/she is to pay to the agent an administrative fee (100 to 300 EUR depending on the rented vehicle type). This is necessitated by the fact that the car becomes unusable for a certain period of time (gain losses).
V. TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS
All penalties related to traffic and/or parking offences are the responsibility of the hirer and the owner may charge the hirer’s credit card for any traffic and/or parking offence infringement fees incurred by the hirer. The owner undertakes, in the event that the owner receives notice of any traffic or parking offenses incurred by the hirer, to send a copy of any such notice to the hirer as soon as is practicable and to provide the necessary information to the relevant issuing authority for such notices to be directed to the hirer.